Epidemiology and the Community[WLOs: 1, 4] [CLOs: 1, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please read Chapter 4 of the course textbook and the National Vital Statics Report, 2018 Birth Report. In this assignment, update an existing CDC table with information from more recent study results provided in the 2018 National Vital Statistics ReportLinks to an external site..
The rates listed in the table are the most fundamental epidemiology rates. You will be able to provide the crude birth rate information missing from the column labeled “U.S. 2018” by finding the appropriate table within Births: Final data for 2018 published by National Vital Statistics Reports. To provide the other information missing from this column, you will need to research the CDC site and potentially use the statistical formulas provided. Fill in the missing components of this 2022 MPH601 Week 2 Assignment 1 TableLinks to an external site..
After completing the table,
- Identify whether the rates indicated increased or decreased from the 2013 national study.
- Reflect on whether this chart show that we are becoming healthier as a nation or sicker.
The Epidemiology and the Community assignment
- Must be at least two to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site. resource.
- Must include the completed 2022 MPH601 Week 2 Assignment 1 TableLinks to an external site..
- Must contain responses to the bulleted items above in paragraph form, not simply listed as bullets.
- Must demonstrate that you can collect, compile, and present a broad array of information in a narrative form.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
Expert Solution Preview
Based on the provided content, the assignment requires updating an existing CDC table with information from a more recent study. This includes filling in the missing components of the table by researching the CDC site and potentially using statistical formulas.
Once the table is completed, the following questions should be answered:
1. Identify whether the rates indicated increased or decreased from the 2013 national study.
2. Reflect on whether this chart shows that we are becoming healthier as a nation or sicker.
To successfully complete this assignment, students should:
– Ensure that the assignment is at least two to four double-spaced pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA Style guidelines.
– Include the completed table as part of the assignment submission.
– Address the above questions in paragraph form rather than providing a bullet-point list.
– Demonstrate the ability to collect, compile, and present a broad array of information in a narrative form.
With this information, students will have the necessary directions to complete the assignment effectively and meet the expected requirements.